Tuesday, October 31, 2006

PLAGIARISM

Does anyone else agree that it is lame to plagiarize a simple AOL journal entry? Well apparently Sharon does not. I have given you a chance to either apologize or to give me credit for my own writing and you have not; instead, you choose to block me.

Here is my original entry dated September 22, 2006-

Note to self: Don't try to lose the child in me.

Working at an after school program, I quickly realize how often us adults lose sight of the "child" in us. There are moments where I am either too serious, busy, or afraid of the challenges that lay ahead.

Does anyone know a child who holds grudges for a long time??I think not. I admire a child's ability to adapt to environments and learn new things without being intimidated. Children are constantly amazed at finding new things and are always curious...not usually frightened. They are trustworthy and see the good that people do. Most importantly, they are not prejudiced and are able to make decisions without that component that may blindsight that decision.

Yup, children don't know how lucky they are.

Now here is Sharon's entry dated some time in October-

after my visit I had a lot on my mind. (as you can see). Working in home day care,So many different stages, ages, boy, girl ect...  I quickly realize how often us adults lose sight of the "child" in us. There are moments  I am either to serious, busy, or afraid of the challenges that lay ahead. Does anyone know a child who holds grudges for a long time?  I admire a child's ability to adapt to environments and learn new things without being intimidated. Children are constantly amazed at finding new things and are always curious...not usually frightened. They are trustworthy and see the good that people do. Most importantly, they are not prejudiced and are able to make decisions without that component that may blindsight that decision. Children don't know how lucky they are
 
Sharon, its a shame that you have tainted my view of your journal and ability to write. Without any mention of me, what you did was plagiarize and being an English major, that is a very big deal. Instead of doing what is right, you choose to block me and probably delete that entry of yours. This did not have to turn into a big deal; although, I think that you probably never thought I would see this in your journal. This is a real shame and you lost an avid reader.
 
If you plagiarized my entry, who knows who else you did this to. It's only your integrity that's at stake...
 
So readers, beware of This Momma's Drama
 
thank you
 
 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! thats awful.  Well, I guess if it were me, I would recognize my writing right away too.  I hope she deleted it.  Hugs and GBU, Shelly