Saturday, March 24, 2007

Just what I needed

I love my godfather Richie and his wife Joyce. My mom and I decided to look at different restaurants for my graduation near an area where we, and they live. Afterwards, we decided to stop by their house and they were very welcoming and told us just what we needed to hear since we were feeling depressed these last couple of days. I won't go into detail, but I did learn a lot about my father, things I never knew about--deep things. Also, for the first time ever, they actually admitted how sometimes when I smile, I look just like my father and my brother. Isn't that something? I never knew these things but somehow it makes a difference to me.

My mom and I went to the cemetery earlier to visit my dad and the experience made me peaceful. I know that my dad would not want me to be sad, spiteful or angry. I had to see him before my birthday (March 29) just because I have been feeling anxious.

Another word of advice Joyce told me--sometimes life just sucks. I came up with this metaphor in the car ride home. Everyone in the world holds on, right?. Some people have a platform and holding on is easier while others, like me, have no platform but need to hold on nevertheless. As you can maybe tell, I'm working really hard on being happy for my birthday,lol

No comments: