Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Looking ahead

Some of my friends are already counting down to the last days of school. We finish May 1 this year!!! So early right? Then after that we just have finals but its the last day that counts :)

I had a very exciting day this past Sunday. My family went over to meet my boyfriend's family for the very first time. Ironically, I was not too nervous. What I was nervous about was my dad and how he would act. Fortunately, all went well. I wish we could stay longer but a few hours was all my dad could handle.

Speaking of my dad, we're afraid he's coming down with something since he's cold and has the chills. One of the ladies at work had told me that radiation took a huge toll on her and mentally exhausted her. I hope that this is just a side affect from that.

Also, my dad started to lose some of his hair today. My mom and I keep saying that it should be the least of his problems right now and to keep on looking ahead...

Other than that, school is hectic and I have meetings with advisors this week to discuss my upcoming schedule for school. I can't wait until it starts to get warm again. My neck is sick and tired from being covered by a scarf every day,lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with school!
I also got a fever and the chills when I was in the hosp undergoing chemo. So much going on because the immune system gets weak. I wish him all the best.
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the family meeting went well.  That could be nerve racking for sure if you let it, but sounds like you did good and your dad did good.  Sorry he is coming down with something.  Prayers for him.  And good luck with the last bit of school and planning for the new semester!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the chemo treatments. Watch out he doesn't catch cold.
School is hectic and I'm surprised I've made it this far without slitting my wrists sometimes. People don't realize.
Yay May!!!
Dianna