Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Wow

Wooow With the news of Dana Reeve, I am continuously freaked out. So many people are dying from cancer and specifically lung cancer. This is a woman who didnt even smoke and look what happened to her. I just feel so sad for her young son who had to live through his fathers suffering and death and now his mothers. What kind of a world do we live in where this happens to the best of us?

My mom, dad and I went to the hospital today to meet with his new radiology doctor. He is the first one who was able to console us all the while being honest. He said that its serious and radiation had to be started right away. This is one thing we are happy about and my father is relieved that things started today. So are we all...

Even though I'm on Spring Break, I am just tired and dont feel like doing anything. I think I'll go have a snack and rest and watch some TV. Hugsss

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanna,
I'm on spring break too and I'm feeling awful. Not sick -  just tired. I don't know why. I think it's the weather. It's cold here in Delaware.
I've been hearing about Dana all day. She was only 44 years old and my mom is older than she was. So sad.
I'm thankful you found an honest and compassionate doctor. My thoughts are with your family.
Dianna
http://journals.aol.com/sazzylilsmartazz/DiannasMindlessMusings/

Anonymous said...

I'm also floored about Dana Reeves.  Just so sad.  And so young too.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was sad news about Dana Reeve.
Your dad`s new doctor sounds great. A nice bedside manner like that dr seems to have makes all the difference.
Love,
penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace